Neecie's Knits

My burning need for yet more sock yarn

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Stupid Day!!!

So, i totally screwed up on my Spring Fling and i don't even want to rip it back to fix it, right now...guess i'll have to waste my time with other things tonight. I'm so bummed. I was going to go to a knitting group. last night, that Amy was nice enough to invite me to. BUT...apparently i was REALLY tired, 'cause when i got home from work i totally fell asleep and missed it. Bummer. Anyway....

Work totally sucked, today. I was not only putting out fires all day, but they were stupid ones at that. Then i got this message from some guy, and of course he can't even leave a normal message, like, "hi, my name is..., with...agency. I have this problem and i've been given the run around and now i'm calling you about it. here's my phone #, please call me so we can figure this out." NOOOOOO. I get a message that sounds more like this..."Joe Schmo, Joe Schmo agency. I have a client with a problem...blah, blah, blah...something about making calls to everyone & now he's calling me (i kind of lose the whole message here)...5555555...blah, blah, blah...need someone from your company to call them and apologize so i can pay them. Joe Schmo, Joe Schmo agency, 555-555-5555. Call me so we can get this straightened out."

Ahhhh...OK...first of all, let me explain that I work for an insurance company as an admin assistant for one of the regional managers. I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ACTUAL CLAIMS OR MAKING DECISIONS OF ANY KIND! I do reports & help with mindless problems. SOOOOOO, where in the world did this guy get my name and what in god's name does he expect me to do about anything?! did he listen to my voice mail message when it said "You've reached Denise with claims SUPPORT?!" *sigh* now i have to go in and deal with this first thing tomorrow. OI!

ok. sorry about that rant, but that was just the last of what was a day of supreme stupidness.

I'm soooo glad tomorrow is my last day of work this week. I'm totally going to need that day of retail therapy & knitting planned for Friday.

Now, i guess i'll see if i can't get some things updated on here. i've been meaning to add some more links & clean things up for a while. Bon Soir!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger amy said…

    no worries about the knitting group, we all have those days! :)

    so tomorrow, my friend and i (another denise) were planning on hitting the sale around 11:30/12ish? would you still be around to maybe grab lunch and knit after? you can leave me a comment or email me at amy_aATcomcastDOTnet. i hope they have lots of good deals!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home