Neecie's Knits

My burning need for yet more sock yarn

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I'm Baaack

Yup, that's right...after over a year's absence I've decided to give this another try. I've now got a couple of friends that are blogging, so I wanted to join the cool kids.

Anyway, here's what I've been up to recently...
This is the Mad Cow pattern from the first round of Sock Madness I used Lornas Laces in Denim & Sand Ridge
I finished these in an amazing amount of time...Started them on a Saturday & finished at 10am that Sunday! Manged to move into the 2nd round with them, too!



Round 2: Mad-tini socks
Yarn is Trekking 161.
Started on a Thursday afternoon & finished on Friday night...14-15 hours of knitting time. I have to say that I really like these socks & they fit me pretty well. I'd definitely make the pattern again. PLUS, these are my first completed pair of cuff-down socks ever!!! Normally all of my socks are toe-up.



Round 3 starts sometime tomorrow morning & there's a lot of buzz about what this pattern will be...lace? cables? I'm ready for anything, although I'm back-and-forth about how much effort I'm going to put into trying to win this round. I have a pinched nerve in my left arm that's affecting my thumb & ring finger at odd times. Nothing I can't work with, but it is starting to wear on me.

Well, I'm going to start slowly on keeping the blog updated for now. At least until I figure out what changes I might want to make to it. I'm off to download some music, later!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Sockergirl said…

    Sweet! nice blog. Welcome to the Kool Kids club! I can't wait to follow along. Good luck tomorrow at the Mad contest. Break a Needle! (No, really I am wishing you luck!)

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Oh man,
    I feel like frankenstein over here. I have created a couple of monsters! =)
    I think it is awesome that you are starting up your blog again..and that Anita started one as well.
    We are like the three knitateers. (I know corny..but it's late and i just got off work. It's all I could come up with.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home